Learn Seismic Data Processing
Basic Data Processing
Learn Seismic Data Processing udemy course free download
Basic Data Processing
What you'll learn:
- Students will learn about the Elastic Theory and wave propagation
- Seismic Reflection Theory, sampling and Aliasing in time and space
- The course covers the key theories to ensure optimum data quality
- The participants will then learn the most important terms of seismic data processing techniques
- The students will understand the Fourier Transform and the Time and frequency Domains
- Participants will learn how to compute the static and the Dynamic corrections
- The course will include F/K Filtering, Migration and Multiple attenuation
- Basic knowledge of the geophysical methods especially the reflection seismic method
- It will be better if the participant have good idea about Seismic data Acquisition
Seismic data is recorded in the field on magnetic tape. About three to six weeks later, the information is transmitted to the interpreter as a seismic section.
All of the intervening steps comprise the data processing phase of seismic exploration.
Processing seismic data consists of applying a sequence of computer programs, each designed to achieve one step along the path from field tape to record section. Programs are usually used in a processing sequence, and these are selected from a library of several hundred programs. Each company’s library is unique, although many programs will be almost identical to those of another company.
In each company’s library, there may be several programs designed to produce the same effect through different approaches. For example, one program may operate in the time domain while another works in the frequency domain, yet they may yield similar results.
The course also covers seismic waves propagation & seismic records data digitalization, sampling and how to avoid aliasing in the recorded data and during resampling in order to ensure optimum data quality. The mathematics of seismic data processing will be followed by the fundamentals of seismic data processing. An overview of the best practices and the most recent seismic 2D and 3D seismic processing sequences used onshore and offshore will be provided. The participants will then learn the theoretical biases of the most important terms of seismic processing: the Fourier transform, time and frequency domain, convolution, cross and auto-correlations. The participants will then learn how to build an optimum processing sequence, in order to obtain the best data quality using the latest techniques.
Who this course is for:
- Knowledge of the geophysical methods, seismic data acquisition,
- Then you will learn the main steps in seismic data processing with examples
- You will understand all the necessary information to do successful Seismic Data Processing
- You will be able to participate in processing 2D or 3D data in the processing centres
- 4 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion